A great tribute by Premamalini Vanam ( Prema, The Journalist)
“ We make a living by what we earn but We make a Life by what we Give “ said Winston Churchill !
Every word of it is so apt and so relevant to Durgattayya. As long as she lived , she lived with Lots of Love for people around her and that means not just for those she knew but also for those she didn’t know much !
Her heart always said that her hands should just go all out there and extend help in any form. Many a time she did that to those in need but lots of times out of sheer habit..... coz it comes so naturally for her ! Each one of us is habituated or sometimes addicted to something in some form and most of the time it’s harmful too but here is this benevolent soul who was addicted to just Giving, Giving & Giving ! Such an addiction can never be harmful.
As I child, I was extremely happy to just be around Attayya only to receive some kind of goodies from her..... constantly ! I thought she loved me immensely. As I was growing, I realised that Iam not the only one to be loved by her but was just one among those thousands of people who was fortunate enough to receive her love !
I used to wonder as to how she keeps doing this on a regular basis ! I was of the opinion that my mamayya and Attayya were really earning a lot of money out of their jobs and that’s the reason why she was spending so much on others right royally. I came to know only much later in my life that I was totally wrong and that one need not be rich and wealthy to help others, instead they need to have a “rich and wealthy” HEART !
The irony was that she never had a “Healthy Heart” !.... she just had a “Wealthy Heart” that always yearned to care, share and inspire ! She might not be present amongst us physically but she will keep motivating many of us to lead a life that’s worthy, meaningful and useful !
Everyone Lives till the day they die but only a few live even after their death .... ! Attayya is one such pure soul who will continue to live and inspire us to be selfless ! Today when the entire family was present remembering the deeds of the great soul, I told to myself that atleast one day in my Life, I should live a life like Attayya and try being selfless ! I just don’t know if I can actually do this but my conscience says I can and I should !
Thanks Attayya for your immortal presence in our SELFISH lives that keeps reminding us to evolve as SELFLESS humans !
Keep Living and Keep inspiring !
“ The Key to Immortality is living a Life worth remembering” said Bruce Lee !
.... and ur LIFE is definitely one !
(Note : Above article was written SEVEN YEARS ago on 29-8-2019.
కామెంట్లు లేవు:
కామెంట్ను పోస్ట్ చేయండి